Thursday 27 February 2014

Year 8 Leadership Course

It was a fun two days filled with fun and learning combined. 
I learnt a lot of things that will help me be a better leader. I learnt things like how to support others and my team mates and that to use everyone to their strengths you have to communicate and trust in each other because if you don't nothing will work. I felt that some of the team building exercises could of been safer in saying that they were super exciting , the video of the dead people was very eye opening. Other than that it was a fabulous two day that were very informative. Thank you for sending me.

By Annabel

We had our leadership course in Somerfield School for two days.

On the first day we had been lectured on how a leader should act. Leaders should be role models so that their subordinates would follow their examples. We had a slide show of pictures and they were explained to us.

It was awkward with seven schools all grouped together and no one knew each other. Somerfield,  Christchurch South Intermediate, Sacred Heart, Addington, West Spreydon, Cashmere and Thorington had participated in the leadership course run by the Joshua Foundation. The first day was kind of boring as we all sat there on benches for the whole day. 

We did do a few activities but I felt very awkward when I was paired up with a boy that was two times taller than I was.

We all got sore bottoms from sitting that day.

The second day was more eventful. They had us split into teams. I still remember their names (which is a miracle): Sydney, Ruben, Shawn, Leon, Hsin Yu, Violet (our Violet), Abby, Zefer – or was it Zephier – or Zefar? I think I forgot someone (probably me).

We were the Aqua team with our own merry little theme song, ‘Teamwork’ from the ‘Wonder Pets’. Trust me; I had no idea where that came from…

The activities had involved a lot of communication, planning and (according to our song) teamwork. I had also confessed that I had a fear of falling, as they may have seen me unable to hold the plank while I was standing on top of a barrel, and I was only one metre off the ground!

Anyways, I still look forward to the meetings later in the year…I THINK Mrs Ferguson said that we all would be meeting up throughout the terms.
By Bi Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment