Tuesday 11 February 2014

New Year 8 Stories


My Last First day at Sacred Heart School.


I woke up, my eyes adjusted to the sun glaring through my bedroom window, gazing through the glass I felt alive as the birds perched nonchalantly plucking the sunflower seeds.

Memories reminded me of what it was like to be a Year 7 and all this gave me a nostalgic feeling.  Then suddenly my alarm broke the silence, I quickly muted the sound and got dressed as if it was a normal and typical school day.

I was getting emotional before entering the school gates, ‘my last year at primary’.  Mixed feelings flowed through my body.  What was I going to expect this year?

Plodding into the classroom my friends were calling my name, directing me to my desk.  I settled in quickly but was still quite emotional, thinking that this is going to be my last year at Sacred Heart School.

By Violet


First day of Year 8

I woke up to the shrill ringing from my alarm clock.  The bright light blinded me as I peeked through the curtains, it seemed too early for the sun to rise.  I wasn’t excited like last year.  Everything felt emotionless during breakfast.  The cereal was dry and crunchy.  It felt like just another day of the holidays.

I only felt emotion when I actually set foot inside the classroom. I was worried and a bit confused, how was I to find my desk?  Humiliation rushed at me like water as my friends called me from the other side of the room.  I was at the wrong table.

The day went smoothly with a lot of humour.  I was exhausted at the end, my energy had been used up on laughing, running around and mostly talking.  It seemed to be the best last day of primary school.

By Bi Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment